Today, Adobe announced a major update for Creative Cloud members. Aimed especially at designers, this latest update to Creative Cloud will include new features for Adobe Photoshop® CC, Adobe Illustrator® CC, and Adobe InDesign® CC. Everyone with a CC subscription will have Typekit, if you don’t have it already, and new features in Illustrator CC and InDesign CC seamlessly connect to the Adobe Typekit font service, making it possible to use Typekit fonts in print projects, PDF files, and more.
Perhaps most interesting to me and to readers of this blog are the new features in Photoshop CC:
- Perspective Warp makes it easy to manipulate multiple perspectives in your image while keeping the rest of the image intact.
- Linked Smart Objects allow you to use the same object in multiple documents, change it once, and have that change flow through to each and every Photoshop document, saving tons of time and improving team collaboration.
- Bring your 3D designs into the real world now that you can easily refine, preview and then print them to a 3D printer—all directly from within Photoshop CC.
Be sure to check back here as I plan to post some tutorials demonstrating these new features, very soon. Unfortunately, I can’t demonstrate the 3D printing, though – as I don’t have a 3D printer yet! But my followers will know this is an area of keen interest for me, so don’t be surprised if I dip my toes into that pool soon.
In the meanwhile, you can find some tutorials from Adobe at the following links:
- Photoshop CC: Linked Smart Objects
- Photoshop CC: Perspective Warp
In addition to the Photoshop updates, new features in Illustrator CC and InDesign CC seamlessly connect to the Adobe Typekit font service, making it possible to use Typekit fonts in print projects, PDF files, and more. Here’s a partial list of the new features for these products:
New features in Illustrator CC
- Create perfect, editable rounded corners with the new Live Corners controls.
- Draw more intuitively with the rebuilt Pencil Tool, and use the Path Segment Reshape feature to quickly modify existing objects.
- Change the view of perspective drawings, and export responsive SVG code and graphics that resize when viewed on multiple screens.
- Illustrator CC: Live Corners
- Illustrator CC: New Pencil tool
New features in InDesign CC
- Support for the EPUB 3.0 specification provides new ways to add interactivity to eBooks.
- Enhancements to hyperlink creation and editing speed up the creation of EPUBs, PDFs, and iPad apps.
- Pop-up footnotes streamline the EPUB reading experience, and support for Japanese, Hebrew and Arabic text allows you to reach new audiences.
For more information and additional links, check out this Adobe blog post.